Alrighty everyone, we are half way through TFATWS and that means it is time for not only a re-cap (see…see what I did there…no? okay. thats fine. moving on.) but a set of predictions for the final three episodes.
What we’ve seen:
- Re-Cap: I did it again to make sure it stuck. Anyway, we see in the first episode that Sam decided to give the shield back to the government. The government then did what it always does and disappoints everyone by giving the shield to John Walker, branding him the new “Captain America”. What else do we know? He has the audacity to ask Sam and Bucky to be his wingmen … i’ve never been more unimpressed.
- Sam and Buckys stories: We learn early on that Sam’s family is struggling financially to keep their business afloat. While we are learning more about this, we see Sam and his sister Sarah head to the bank to get a new loan to help their business. This lets us know that being an Avenger is volunteer work. Meaning they aren’t getting paid. At all. What. Bucky on the other hand is going to therapy, making amends, breaking people out of prison, and making friends with an old man whose son Bucky killed while being The Winter Soldier. Totally on par for Bucky.
- Breaking people out of prison you say?: Right so we also know now that Bucky is terrible at hypothetical situations, and he broke Zemo out of prison. This doesn’t sit well with Sam but they know that if they want to figure out the Flagsmashers and get John Walker to shut his mouth, they’re going to need some help.
- Flagsmashers: The flagsmashers are a group of individuals who are aiming to get the world back to how it was. They are believed to be super soldiers, using the serum that was used on Steve and Bucky by hydra. They are being harbored by regular citizens in many countries in turn for medicine. They are run by Karli Morgenthau. I don’t have much to say on this one yet as I am still deciphering some things.
So with all of that said, I think we can all assume a few things, and we have been given some hints along the way.
- We’re going back to Wakanda…someway, somehow.
- We’re getting a cameo that is said to be very emotional.
- Most of this was filmed before the pandemic, meaning when Chadwick was still with us. Do with that information what you will. I know that if we see him again in the MCU I will be a blubbering mess.
- Sharon is up to something.
- We know from the end of episode 3 that there is absolutely something going on with her. Whether it ends up being good or bad, I don’t know. I do find the theories that she is the Power Broker very interesting and will probably stick with that idea for awhile.
- Bucky will confront Yori about his son
- I can see this being in the final episode, meaning Yori will be Bucky’s final person to make amends with. Am I emotionally prepared for that heartbreak? No. Not one bit. Do I want to believe that it won’t hurt? Yes. But I also want to believe that Steve is really on the moon just chilling, so I guess we can’t have nice things.
What are your Falcon and Winter Soldier predictions? Let me know on twitter and make sure to follow and share the blog post!