What’s up you guys, it’s Thursday and I am going to throw it back with some bands that I listen to pretty regularly. Now to constitute a throwback, all the bands on this list or that are highlighted in this post have been a band for 15+ years and have at least one original member left. Let’s get to it…
5. The Rolling Stones
- My top three songs from these guys are “Gimme Shelter”, “Mother’s Little Helper”, and the classic “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction”. These songs are all ones that just get you in a certain way and are almost impossible not to sing along to. I have also had the opportunity to see the band live and that was a wild ride for sure. Mick Jagger is 75 years old and runs all over the stage like he doesn’t have a care in the world. It is absolutely insane.
4. Billy Joel
- I think that I may have featured Billy Joel before but I am a huge fan of him. My three favorites from him are “Extremes”, “It’s Still Rock and Roll to Me”, and “Uptown Girl” because you CANNOT go wrong with that one. These songs are so fun to sing along to and another one that holds a spot in my heart is “We Didn’t Start the Fire” which is partially because I watched a lyric video of it for a week to learn it in the right order in 9th grade. ANYWAY.
3. Green Day
- If you guys haven’t gathered by now that I absolutely LOVE Green Day, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE GREEN DAY. “Basket Case”, “21st Century Breakdown”, and “Kill The DJ” are the three songs that come to mind for me but there are so many more that I love equally. Seeing these guys live is a spectacle in itself for sure, especially a bunny comes out and dances to “Blitzkrieg Bop” only to be followed by a child singing “Know Your Enemy” with Billie and then stage diving into a massive crowd. If you ever get the chance to see Green Day, do yourself a favor and GO.
2. A Day To Remember
- Look, I know that they are just over 15 years old but they are absolutely AMAZING in every sense of the word. Top three songs for me are “Turn Off the Radio”, “I’m Made of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made of?” and “I Remember”. I know these songs are fairly popular but they all are some of my favorite songs in general. I may be wrong but I cannot think of an artist that has put out such a diverse sound on each record that isn’t ADTR. Jeremy McKinnon has one of the most unique voices I have heard through my life. I have also seen them live and currently have a ticket to see them again in June and I couldn’t be more excited.
- Nirvana is one of my absolute favorite bands, and I get a lot of grief for it. The number of times I have been called a poser for liking Nevermind the most is ridiculous but I get over it pretty quickly by listening to “Lithium” and minding my own business. Nonetheless, my three favorite songs by Nirvana would have to be “Heart-Shaped Box”, “Dumb”, and “In Bloom”, which are all very very closely followed by “Smells Like Teen Spirit”, “Lithium”, and “All Apologies” since those were the songs that of course got me into the band. There is not a day that goes by where I don’t wish I could have seen these guys live, and I’m waiting for the day where I can see the Foo Fighters, that seems to be the closest I can get and I’m sure that would be a grand ole time as well.
There are so many other bands that I could have included on this list, such as Linkin Park, Metallica, All Time Low, Soundgarden, Shinedown, Papa Roach, Ozzy Osbourne, Queen, the list goes on. For now, those are my throwback picks. Thank you for reading and if you want to, go ahead and follow my blog to stay up to date with my upcoming posts!
(Photos of The Rolling Stones, Billy Joel, Green Day, Nirvana, and the featured image are not mine and I take no credit for them).