So I put this one to a vote on instagram and it looks like you all are looking for some good songs to cry over. I was sitting in my journalism lecture the other day when we talked about how different types of media affected us as human beings. My professor then went around the lecture hall asking many people what their go to “cry” song was. That made me realize I have way too many to count, but I decided I would narrow it down to five. Lets get started.
5. Wish You Were Here – Neck Deep: This songs talks about losing a friend from high school and wishing you could go back and hear their voice again, see them again, anything like that. This song along with 19 Seventy Sumthin’ are incredibly moving and never fail to bring at least a couple tears to my eyes.
4. Tess-Timony – Ice Nine Kills: This song is based on the story of “Tess of the D’urbervilles” by Thomas Hardy. They story itself is incredibly heartbreaking and the song is nothing less. Ice Nine Kills does a fantastic job of capturing the despair felt within the story in the melody and dynamics of their song. I absolutely love this song and can’t help but get very emotional when I listen to it.
3. Therapy – All Time Low: If you claim to be an All Time Low fan and you didn’t cry the first 50 times you listened to this song, you’re lying. This song has a lot of significance to me and my emotional well being. Whenever I am feeling low about myself this is for sure a go to song. If you ever need to get the feeling that you aren’t alone in your struggles or your problems, I highly recommend this song!
2. Bruise – With Confidence: I talked about this song in my last post but it definitely deserves a spot on this list too. As with Tess-Timony I get a little over emotional with this song. It brings up so many thoughts and emotions within the listeners and I can’t help but shed some tears with each listen.
Now I decided to add some honorable mentions to this list since I have, like I said earlier, way too many go to cry songs. Here are three that I was very torn over when trying to decide my top five! Maybe give one of them a listen if none of the others work for you or you have the time!
Special – Shinedown
Forgive and Forget – A Day To Remember
Time Machine – State Champs
And my number one sad song, would have to be,
1. Perfect – Simple Plan: Okay every time…literally EVERY time I listen to this song I cry. The raw emotions within the song, the begging for approval, all of it is so heart wrenching. The feeling of not being good enough is something I am sure we have all felt at some point in our lives and to have it displayed in such a pure way as it is in this song is absolutely something that could make anyone cry.
So those are my tear-jerkers, if you think of one that I didn’t add to the list tweet me with it @Natlindz ! (Also follow that twitter because I just did my very first ticket giveaway! I will be doing more in the future!) I am always down to have some new song suggestions! Thank y’all for reading!